Welcome!

My husband and I love those shows where they throw a guy out in the wilderness and he shows how to survive in seemingly impossible situations. The more I watch them, the more I realize that I likely will never need to survive in the Sahara or the Sub-Arctic. I do however find myself feeling on an almost daily basis as if I've been cast out into a strange world full of obstacles to tackle and unknown creatures to cope with. This will be the chronicle of one woman trying to survive the jungles of parenthood.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Introductions

Hi! Welcome to my blog. :)  I am a wife and stay-at-home mama to two girls. Our older daughter is two and the younger is one; they are roughly 14 months apart. They will be referred to in this blog as Sugar and Spice respectively both for safety reasons and in the hopes that they won't someday come home from their Freshman year of high school screaming at me because someone found online where their mother described their potty training routine in detail. I'm madly in love with and married to a great man that I'll be calling SURVIVOR DAD (after all, we are in this parenting thing together) or SD for short.  We met online and if you think that's weird, I'm ok with that.  I think it's weird to meet in a bar. The last member of our little family is our 7 year old German Shepherd mix, Echo.  I'm training to be a doula and loved my natural birth (the second one of the two) but will never rag on anyone for choosing an epidural.  I live in the Portland, OR area and love the great Northwest.  You will probably read a lot on this blog about day-to-day life with two toddlers and a dog and how to get through it without losing your mind and also a liberal smattering of camping, cake baking, babywearing, cloth diapering, reading, simplifying life, green living and internet shopping posts. I hope you hang enjoy reading and feel free to leave comments!  After all, if we don't share resources, how will we ever survive parenthood?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are currently moderated so if your comment does not immediately show up, that only means that I haven't gotten around to moderating it yet!